Image Credit / Sohn-Mat
Delicious geoduck does not have to be eaten raw like sashimi.
Many individuals prefer their seafood cooked, and that is perfectly fine.
For those who might enjoy cooked geoduck, we have an incredibly tasty recipe for you!
Sohn Mat is a Korean term that means “taste of your hands.” Much traditional Korean cooking is done sans specific instructions and measurements and more intuitively by how things taste as the recipe is being made.
This geoduck recipe is a blend of different cultures and is a scrumptious treat for all who get to enjoy it.
- Body meat of (breast and siphon shaft) live geoduck clam
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I prefer panko breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp gochugaru
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
*Note: Read about how to clean and prepare geoduck from Fathom Seafood.
- Clean and prepare the geoduck to be cooked
- Slice the geoduck meat into ¼ inch strips
- Saturate (to taste) with lime juice to marinate meat for about 10 minutes
- Begin preparing the other ingredients: pour flour on top of a plate; beat egg in a small bowl; in a separate bowl mix in breadcrumbs, gochugaru, onion powder, and garlic powder
- Bread each piece of raw geoduck by placing it both sides down in the flour, then saturate with egg, and then dip them in the breadcrumbs, fully covering both sides
- Add a small amount of oil to a skillet and heat on high.
- Begin added breaded geoduck strips; fry for about 30 seconds on each side
- Have paper towels ready on a plate or cutting board for geoduck slices to lay on to absorb excess grease
- The geoduck fritters are ready to serve!
- Add lemon for taste and make a simple sriracha-mayo dipping sauce for extra spice
This recipe has the sweet flavor from the geoduck meat combined with a bit of zing from the lime juice and optional sriracha—it will definitely please you and your guests.
Go to Fathom Seafood’s online store and order live and fresh geoduck today!We hope you enjoyed this article on our Geoduck. Don't forget to check out our amazing live dungeness crab for sale today at Fathom Seafood.