Image Credit / Zach Chambers @ Idaho Potato Commission
Are you looking for a light yet filling summertime recipe?
Impress your friends and family with this delicious meal that has something for everyone: the sweetness of the geoduck, the fresh crunch of the snap peas, and the doughy softness of the potato gnocchi.
Before you get started with this recipe, make sure to properly clean and prepare the fresh, live geoduck clam that you receive. Fathom Seafood sells live geoduck that you can purchase for this meal, and they have a blog on their website that goes into detail about the cleaning and preparation process—starring famous chef Andrew Zimmern!
*Note: This recipe yields two servings.
- 42 each potato gnocchi
- 1 each geoduck mantle, cleaned and sliced thin (see note)
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and sliced
- 1 each clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 each small shallot, minced
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil as needed
You have the option of making the potato gnocchi from scratch or buying it fresh from the market.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and half of the butter over medium-high heat. After the butter has browned a little, add in the potato gnocchi. Allow the gnocchi to brown as well while sautéing it. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Continue to mix while adding snap peas. Also add the shallot, garlic, chili flake, and thyme and continue to sauté.
- Sauté for another minute while adding in the stock, geoduck, and lemon juice. Continue until the liquid reduces slightly.
- Add in the additional butter and allow to soften and form a nice consistency.
- Aside from seasoning to taste, you are done! Voilà!
You may divide the meal between bowls and drizzle with olive oil if preferred.
This geoduck recipe is super easy to make and does not take much time. It is perfect for a casual dinner outside on the patio or a quick dish to bring to a friend’s house.
You can’t go wrong with the delicate and sweet taste of geoduck.
Order geoduck today by going onto Fathom Seafood’s site and receive your box within 24 hours so you can give your tastebuds what they are asking for!
We hope you enjoyed this article on our Geoduck. Don't forget to check out our amazing live Dungeness crab for sale today at Fathom Seafood.