Image Credit / The Columbian
Everyone needs one light and fresh, summertime recipe that will make an impression. Whether it be at a pool or backyard party, a family get-together, or an even more elegant event, this mango and chili geoduck salad is a winner.
This meal can be served as a delicious and unique appetizer, or it can be eaten as the main course. This particular recipe serves 6, which is more of a small-plated meal.
Did you know that Fathom Seafood now offers geoduck for purchase online, and customers can receive their box of fresh and live geoduck within 24 hours of ordering?
This makes it super convenient when planning out meals for the week.
If you’re wanting to make a mango and chili geoduck salad in a few days, hop online and order your geoduck clam now!
Mango and Chili Geoduck Salad
Prep start to finish: 40 minutes
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Meat from a 1 1/2-pound geoduck clam, thinly sliced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 habanero chili, thinly sliced
- Crackers or toasted pita, to serve
Clean and prepare the geoduck: read and watch about Andrew Zimmern’s experience with Fathom’s geoduck and learn to clean your own.
- Thinly slice geoduck clam with a sharp knife.
- Combine the lime juice and zest with the sliced geoduck in a medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Once removed from chilling, add in shallot, mango, celery, ginger, cilantro, chili, soy sauce, and olive oil. Mix well
- Serve with pita or crackers.
Making this summertime salad is easy peasy!