Image Credit / Wildfish Cannery
If you’re looking for a more hearty, filling recipe—for lunch or dinner—this Italian geoduck meal will live up to your satisfaction. You may be asking what is a geoduck?
This is a rare twist on the traditional. The anchovies that are typically added to make spaghetti puttanesca are substituted here for smoked geoduck slices.
You can seem fancy and posh while serving this delectable meal to friends and family when in reality this recipe is quite simple and inexpensive to make!
- 8oz Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 can smoked geoduck, drained (reserve liquid), and finely chopped
**Note: one can of smoked geoduck is about 6 oz; one fresh, raw geoduck yields about 8 oz of meat. You have a choice to buy geoduck fresh and smoke it yourself or buying pre-smoked geoduck from a can. However, fresh is always better!
- 4 garlic cloves, small dice
- 1/2 cup Castrelvatrano olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 jar crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (use 2tsp for spicer pasta)
- 2 Tbsp capers
- Fresh parsley & oregano, rough chopped
- 1 lemon
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add in the geoduck and garlic, while allowing garlic to brown (but not too much!). You can also begin to boil water for your pasta.
- Stir in olives, capers, and pepper flakes while cooking for about a minute or so. Keep your eye on the garlic to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
- It is pasta time—drop it into your boiling pot.
- In the skillet with the geoduck and other ingredients, half the lemon and squeeze the juice into the mixture. Add in the juice from the geoduck as well as tomatoes at this time.
- Reduce heat and continue to let simmer until the mixture is thick and saucy. Season to taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it to the skillet with the geoduck mixture. Allow it to simmer and mix to coat pasta with the sauce.
- You are now ready to serve! Add chopped herbs as a garnish and grated parmesan if desired.
You and your guests may now enjoy a robust and flavorful meal!
Don’t forget that Fathom Seafood now sells fresh and live geoduck online for anyone to purchase. And get it shipped to your front door within 24 hours—how much more convenient could this be?
Browse Fathom’s blog for more yummy geoduck as well as Dungeness crab recipes.