Image Credit / YouTube
Do you want to know what else you can do with geoduck besides eating it in raw form?
Raw isn’t for everyone—therefore, Chef Andrew Zimmern is back with Fathom and has whipped up a super quick and easy meal that most individuals can enjoy.
This geoduck clam stir fry is an obvious twist on the traditional stir fry. Twists, in an extraordinary way, are what Zimmern is all about. We know him from Bizarre Foods, and the geoduck can definitely be considered bizarre—but it doesn’t taste odd! It tastes sweet and fantastic.
Zimmern’s most recent geoduck video on his YouTube channel features one farmed and two wild geoducks from Fathom Seafood, which anyone can order with a click of a button on their website. They are live and fresh and ready to hit your doorstep within a day.
Before you start cooking with geoduck, make sure you properly clean and prep the meat. Zimmern has you covered on that as well.
Check out his first video with Fathom Seafood: Geoduck 101: How to Clean a Geoduck Clam.
Now take out your wok and ingredients and cook along with Chef Zimmern!
- 1-2 Geoduck Clam
- 1 Scallion
- 2 oz Ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp fermented chili bean paste
- Peanut oil
- Slice about 6 to 7 oz of geoduck per person (you can use the ends and the trims from a previous geoduck recipe)
- Cut scallions into 1 to 2-in pieces
- Dice scallions for later use
- Thinly slice pieces of ginger
- Add a thin drizzle of peanut oil to a heated wok to coat the bottom thoroughly
- As oil is simmering, add in garlic, ginger, and chili bean paste to carmelize
- Seconds later add in geoduck meat and scallion pieces and allow them to sear
- Sprinkle with salt and sugar
- Start tossing everything in the wok for about a minute (cook to preference; Chef Zimmern prefers his geoduck medium-rare)
- Sprinkle fresh scallion over the meal
Tips From Chef Zimmern for a delicious stir fry
- Scorch your aromatics first
- Put your ingredients into the wok in the order you want them to present on the plate
- Remember that clams are versatile: you can leave them a bit raw or cook them through
Can’t you just smell the amazing aroma of sizzling geoduck and veggies?
Appetizing and mouthwatering!
Watch the full video here and follow along with him as you stir fry one of Fathom Seafood’s delicious geoducks.