Image Credit: All Recipes
Are you looking for a fresh and spring-like recipe to impress your family and friends?
These crab spring rolls will do just that. They have a perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavors: the succulent and sweet, fresh Dungeness crab meat will have you wishing you were at the beach, and the spice of the sriracha sauce adds just the right amount of kick to even it out.
Spring rolls can be served as delicious appetizers or even as a main course. The great thing about creating spring rolls is that you can get as creative as you want, and you can add or subtract ingredients as you wish for taste.
Prep: 30 mins
Total: 30 mins
Yield: 4 rolls
**Note that the recipe calls for imitation crab meat, but we can do better than that!
- ¾ cup cooked Dungeness crab meat
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 4 rice paper wrappers
- ⅓ English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 green onion, cut into matchsticks
- Finely shred fresh Dungeness crab meat by using 2 forks or by using a food processor if necessary
- In a small bowl, mix together Dungeness crab meat, mayonnaise, and sriracha sauce.
- Grab a shallow bowl and fill it about 2 inches with hot water. Take one rice paper wrapper and dip it in the water for a few seconds and set aside on a cutting board. Next, layer ¼ of the avocado, carrot, cucumber, and crab meat mixture, along with the green onion, on the bottom third of the rice paper.
- Take the bottom of the rice paper and pull it over the filling, using your fingers to prevent it from spilling out the sides. Fold opposing edges of the rice paper to overlap the filling; roll up tightly towards the top. On a plate, place the spring roll seam-side down, as to not let the mixture unroll what you have done.
- Repeat steps with the remaining rice paper and spicy crab meat mixture.
These steps will yield 4 spring rolls; feel free to increase the recipe to make more.
Are you in need of fresh Dungeness crab for your spicy spring rolls?
Look no further than Fathom Seafood, who offers live and fresh Dungeness crab that will be shipped to your front door within 24 hours of ordering online!